Wednesday, March 23, 2022

How I remember Holi... - Poem

 How I remember holi...

Holi Never Asks Which Colour I prefer,
It welcomed me and embraced without any bother,
When I filled up baloons and rushed out and seemed alone,
But No sooner I was seen new friendship soon sneakily shone,
When you play holi with someone you realise sab sacche hain,
It was the first time my tryst with kuch daag bhi acche hain,
So many opened their hearts with sweet jalebis and dudh,
I was overwhelmed with affection, care and food,
All major debates was no oil colour and please no eggs,
The major battles was can you throw the balloon high enough or aim for the right pegs,
Holi didnt ask which movie i preferred,
Nobody seemed to notice i had politically erred,
The colour i proudly carried to school,
Even the school didnt mind oh they were cool,
Although some uncles didnt like their whites coloured rainbows,
Their stern look was enough to keep in check us rambos,
The oil before the colour and the bath after was a tradition ,
Every year we looked forward to an ever new united rendition,
The friends I treasured the days with perhaps are far and wide,
That's a bond i still believe will never stain and divide,
Hold on to and treasure this day so holy,
My fiends old, new and coming,
Happy Holi.

No comments: