Thursday, March 10, 2011

Danger: Expectations


It is a known fact that life isn’t perfect,
But why is this urge for perfection so strong?
I do realize fairy tales aren't meant to be lived out,
It is just a metaphor for what can never be.
Why do I chase emotions and feelings that defies rationale,
Why I keep hoping for a tale that gives me my happy ending.
Why a realist like me keeps chasing a facade of happily ever after,
While for many it is just an exercise in futility and reason for some pathetic laughter.
I do believe this sphinx of unmet desire reaches out to gloom,
If persisted with could lead to my untimely doom.
Why this shackle of parody tightens against my timid resistance,
What drives my diabolic motivation that fuels my ungainly persistence?
Today I am surrounded by troubled negativity and depravity in search of a final recourse and way out of the shambles,
I fear I'm destined to chase unstable shadows on shaky grounds where realities rumble and sanity slowly stumbles.

3 comments:

Shakti_Shetty said...

Intense.

ShyBuzz said...

Thanks Shaks!

gayathri vishwanathan said...

So many questions some that never cropped my mind until I read this post.