Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Maa, Mother, My Amma



In the first moments of my life I gave her more more than I ever might,
But still in times of darkness she comes to my aid as my angel light.

In time of my worry she gave me strength and brought me cheer,
When I felt alone she became my world and chased away my fear.

As and when my troubles keeps me awake she herself hardly sleeps,
Praying and cajoling as my dreams are ushered in and sleep slowly creeps.

When I was scared, she was there to hold my hand,
The one who could read my eyes no matter where I stand.

There are times when I lie although I had hoped not to,
But no lie could pass her without she noticing even if I want to.

I can sense her touch although I couldn’t see her from afar,
She became my 1st love, my first teacher, and my first superstar.

She was my first glimpse of a goddess holding me tight and close,
Never wavering for a second no matter what threat arose.

She is sure to be there by my side strong and true let the weather be rough or fair,
My only mission in life is to give her all the love, comfort, and all the heavenly care.

Love you, Maa, my Mother, my Amma.

-------Sherin Khan

No comments: