Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I dreamt I was in love again-----

I dreamt I was in love again, and life couldn’t get any better or at least that was what I thought. After having been heartbroken in the very recent past I wasn’t prepared for a commitment this early on in my life as a single.

It wasn’t long ago that I had met Hari. It was during a Diwali homecoming at a friends place that I first met him. He seemed descent enough and he drew my attention instantly as he was someone who was entertaining the entire guest who had come to the occasion. He had some qualities that will attract people to him quite easily.

Soon we began chatting and one thing let to the other. Although I wanted to resist, we ended up meeting and one thing lead to the other. It was then that I told him about Ajay, with whom I had serious relationship for some years. It was as if he was the antithesis of how Ajay was. Ajay was quieter and inquisitive, while Hari was an extrovert and open and wasn’t too probing on question he felt I was uncomfortable answering.

May be that’s the thing that attracted me to him at first. Soon I began to tell him about Ajay and the serious relationship that we shared and how committed we both were to this relationship. I also told him about how we had separated after a serious altercation which resulted in a messy break up.

Things were going just fine until I found out that Hari had been lying to me all along. He knew exactly what had transpired in my life leading up to our meeting at the party. What made it worse that he told me that he was a close confidant of Hari.

I felt completely cheated. What made the feeling worse was the fact that, I had just started to develop feelings for him and it was the night before Hari made it known that he has been lying to me all this while that I had dreamt of a future with him filled with happiness and merriment.

I got a feeling that the whole world was conspiring against me to make my life miserable. It seemed to me that things couldn’t possibly get any worse for me.

I broke off all means of communication that I had with him. Soon a month past by and Hari tried all means to contact me but I resisted all his attempts.

It was now approaching New Year, and I got an unexpected call. I couldn’t believe it, but it was Ajay. I didn’t know what to say. He did all the talking. Firstly he said what I expected; he said how he has been missing me and how unlucky he felt by losing me. Then he said something unexpected. He spoke about Hari. He said it was Hari who told him about their relationship and had even warned him about hurting her again when he came to know that I was trying to come back into my life.

He also revealed to Ajay that he was deeply in love with her and in due course was planning on proposing to her. She started to feel like the world starting to crumble around her. Ajay soon hanged up after wising her a good future with Hari.

Sneha felt completely crestfallen. She wondered if it was too late to patch things up with Ajay and whether she had lost her last opportunity at true love. She couldn’t sleep that night, and through the entire night she kept thinking about Hari and their future again. She was falling in love with Hari all over again in a beautiful dream that she had. But she would suddenly wake up with a jolt when she recollects the happenings of the last month and the call from Ajay last night. Just before her mind had run her ragged, she heard a noise from the street beneath her window and there stood Hari with a big sorry sign, a bouquet of flowers shaped like a heart. She couldn’t believe her eyes. They both fell into each others arms in a beautiful embrace. It was beautiful. The coming New Year was one in a long line of beautiful years that were to follow for them.

No comments: