Thursday, January 10, 2008

Flower are alone - Poem

I have a plant in my mind and I want it planted in my heart

I knew this won’t happen with an easy pace

for it takes what I can’t give

my heart has no soil for a plant so nubile

my vein don’t pump a well of water or so

even my vessels are lost in a mid of flow

and this plant will surely die away

I remember my life once while it was innocent and gay

where I lived with and where I played

and a flower used to smile from my garden

but I wanted like that to breeze along in me

and spread its goodness as far as it could flee

I wanted too to do this dream and see it go

maybe that flower stays short in that pot

and wither away with a lasting wane

maybe my heart is not a place for a thing

when its better smiling away instead!


Contributed by: Shakti Shetty, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai, India.

No comments: