Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yeah friend

Yeah friend, are you going to tell the truth,

Are you going to show me the way?

I am lost and I know this is the chance

To break free from pain and angst and victory

Just as a human, you can’t survive

You need to be an angel and show me the ray

Lots and lots of friends have come,

lots have decided not to stay.

Yeah friend, are going to show me my way?

This labyrinth isn’t worth running through

These clouds don’t carry water in it

These stories of lore, legends galore

They don’t seep into reality

So where am I going to meet you then

When I know this was just a lost game

My heart is corrupt and lonely, sings and hums,

With not a place to flee.

Yeah friend, are you going to show me the way

Gods are nowhere to meet and air is blank again

Faith was left to fend for itself

But it too’ll get raped and killed today

Lonely am I, lonely was I and lonely I’ll die someday

A friend may come and love me true

And care my wounds and smile unison

Perhaps these words are empty instead,

With hardly anything to match my touch.

Yeah friend, are you going to show me the way

No comments: