Thursday, January 10, 2008

Possibility - Poem

Ahura Mazda must be quite now and may stay that way for long because there is not much he can do about it

We haven’t seen hope getting deflated for no apparent reason and if we say we did saw this happen and then that may be hypothetically too naïve to compare with those who lost their loved ones just due to their faith, color and status.

World today is different and we can’t change that we always bear this paranoia with utmost integrity that doesn’t allow to accept our mistakes or come in term with our demons. I’m absolutely sure today, mundane won’t let another Bastille happen or another Gandhi succeed.

Word is draining more and more hopeless and we are seeing hope die right in front of us. We are seeing kids smuggling drugs because he/she have no knowledge of pen or its power in fingers. May be we are heading nowhere with out insanity unbounded, eternally.

I remember my dad being the most stoic, most eloquently unbiased when it came to the question of faith. I remember him asking me why I fold hands in front of nothing when I’m supposed to hold my hands out to be there for someone who can’t take of his fate alone. He alleged that God is one and we humans because of our indifferent rationality and ambitious linguistic prowess named him patently, adding some new lessons on him.

Now my dad is not that secular for sure, he is tired, may be of his age or his weak bones, but I do miss that life as a kid with dreams of beauty in our society with religions meant only for infusing holidays, not for culling one another with hatred or blood. May be there are many more like my dad given up hope of reconciling dream and may be there are many kids who may spew on hatred just because their dad gave up hope too.

Contributed by: Shakti Shetty, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai, India

No comments: